Post 6 > An expert on your field

A person that i really admire on my field is Mary Wigman. 
Her real name is Karoline Sophie Marie Wigman, but her artist name was finally Mary Wigman. She was a dancer, choreographer and teacher. She was born November 13, 1886, in Germany. Is known all over the world for be the pioneer of the german expressionist dance. 

Her work was based in four aspects: Expressionism, space, dance without music and the principle of relaxation and tension. The expressionism wanted to show the real dancer's emotions and feelings, the space was not tangible, was created by the dancer's imagination, dance without music with the purpose of don't condition the movement and finally, relaxation and tension that is a work with the breathing and muscle tone. 

I like and admire her because her way to move was so innovative and interesenting for me. She makes me feel very inspired too. 
One of the most famous works (and one of my favorites) is "The witch". If you have time, try to watch it.  






Comentarios

  1. Hi Dannae! I consider myself quite ignorant in the field of dance, so i appreciate the information you provide from this woman and I will try in my free time to see " The Witch"! take care!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I was very impressed by the coordination between his movements and the rhythm. Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Dannae! I didn't know that German dancer. I googled "The Witch" and I must admit that it scared me jajajaja it's good to know other dances, thanks for share it. Have a nice week!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Dannae, I love Mary Wigman too, she is a great Artist and very inspiring for many dancers, thanks for remiding me of this artist, take care Dannae <3

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello sweet Dannae! I really loved your post. I remember two years ago when we saw an extract of "The Witch" by two of our classmates, it was amazing and she's amazing too.
    Thanks for sharing your post! I send you a hug<3

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Dannae! the works of Mary Wigman are very inspiring, i’ll watch “The Witch” when I have free time, greetings <3

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares